Little Bear Westsail 32 refit: Bowsprit Platform on! Blog #132

Arrrrr me hearties. Welcome aboard.

This episode is all about getting the platform installed and aligned. There was a bit if a curve-ball I had to deal with but nothing that liquid joinery didn’t take care of! Oh the wonders of modern technology & chemistry.

The one part of this job that I wish I didn’t have to do was to take off the forestay. But the bowsprit pulpit won’t go back on with the forstay / furler in place. So, off it came.

The biggest challenge was to drill the holes for the support blocks and get them aligned. I explain in the video where you can actually see what I’m describing.

As always fair winds, following seas, and God bless.

Little Bear Westsail 32 refit: Odd Jobs Blog #106

Arrrrr me hearties. Welcome aboard.

With all the delays I’ve had getting the wood bits back on, I decided to tackle some of the odd jobs that need to be done. These are all little chores that have to be done at some point but they only take a few minutes so they tend to be deferred till ‘later’. Well the time has come and ‘later’ is now.

As always fair winds, following seas, and God bless.

And yes, I feel like a banana.

Little Bear Westsail 32 refit: Bowsprit Platform & spacer bocks Blog #70

Aarrrrrrr welcome aboard me hearties!

Time to grind off the excess glass on the bowsprit platforms. Didn’t take too long. Turned out ok.

Cleaned up the boomkin beam blocks, drilled them, and epoxied them to the boomkin beams. In the vid I express some concern about the height of the blocks being too much. A premonition dear reader, a premonition….

As always, fair winds, following seas, and God bless.

Little Bear Westsail 32 refit: Boomkin Test Fit Blog #57

Arrrrr me hearties! Welcome aboard.

Holy holes, Batman! We give the boomkin an early trial run and discover that we have hole issues. Well to tell the truth, we have more issues than just holes but for the purpose of this blog, we have hole issues. Six of them to be precise.

Nevertheless, we press on and get happy that we are at long last beginning to put things back.  What took a couple of days to take off, takes an awful lot longer to put back!

When I discovered the hole issue it took me a while to decide how to proceed. What I’ve decided to do is what a couple of you have posted in the comment section on youtube: I’ll assemble the boomkin as much as possible and then re-drill the holes via the correctly aligned holes in the boomkin beams.  The old holes will be filled with epoxy and covered.

I hope this makes you happy. It makes me happy. And that’s important. Happy Pirate, happy life.  Or something like that.

 

Fair winds, following seas, and God  bless.