Arrrrr me hearties. Welcome aboard.
So many projects, such little time. Actually, I have all the time in the world. If I don’t mind spending all my time doing DIY projects on the boat.
I continue working on the wiring making sure that it works while keeping it neat at the same time. Now there’s a challenge.
The time has come to fill the holes in the bulwarks. Due to the foam and ceiling I was unable to access the top nuts on the chain plates when I removed them. So the simplest solution was to cut 1″ holes and access the nuts that way. Well the chain plates have been back on the hull for quite some time and the wasps haven’t made nests in there yet this year, so in a pre-emptive strike against the wasps, I decided to fill those holes.
I made some plugs with some G10 I had left over from doing the backing plates for the through hulls. I then used some thickened epoxy to ‘glue’ them in pace. I’m happy with the result.
As always fair winds, following seas, and God bless.