Arrrrr me hearties! Welcome aboard.
Continuing apace with the wood work. Today I planed off the excess epoxy from the rudder-cheeks (nice & smooth).
I also did a test router run on the original boom-kin beam. A 2nd replacement piece has arrived but it wasn’t cut to dimensions as the other two were. So, I thought I would try to router out the knot that spoiled the 1st piece and see what happens. As it is, the router didn’t rip the knot out, it just planed it down. It looks like a nice tight knot that won’t affect the integrity of the beam. So I decided to use this piece in lieu of cutting the new piece with the somewhat limited tools that I have at my disposal.
Once I have the boom-kin piece routered, cut & shaped, I decide to take a crack at drilling out the epoxied holes in the rudder cheeks. I used the same method to re-drill as I used in the original drilling. See how that worked out:
Fair winds, following seas, and God bless.